Community STEM Resources
This area of the Discovery Center at Water’s Edge endeavors to compile and provide STEM resources and opportunities in the region. Explore STEM Resources using the navigation below. If you would like to add an event or list your site please use the form provided under the “Submit an Event” button to the right.
Community STEM Links
- Army Educational Outreach Program — AEOP offers our nation’s youth and teachers opportunities for meaningful, real-world STEM experiences, competitions and paid internships alongside Army researchers.
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling Early On: How to Empower Girls in STEM — Women in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) workforce face major obstacles — not only are they underrepresented and underpaid, but they also sometimes lack the confidence to assert their knowledge.
- Harford County Public Library STEM Programs — STEM Programs are hands-on and cover a vast array of topics including: Archaeology, astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, environmental science, geology, physics, and technology. STEM programs are free and open to the public and lead by skilled library staff and/or experts in the field.
- Maryland STEM Festival—Be sure to check out their current events!
- U.S. Naval Academy STEM Opportunities
- TechBrick Education — TechBrick Education is a 501(c)(3) public charity supporting K-12 STEM education programs in the Harford County, MD and surrounding area.