This area of the Discovery Center at Water’s Edge endeavors to compile and provide STEM resources and opportunities in the region. Explore STEM Resources using the navigation below.
- Army Educational Outreach Program — AEOP offers our nation’s youth and teachers opportunities for meaningful, real-world STEM experiences, competitions and paid internships alongside Army researchers.
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling Early On: How to Empower Girls in STEM — Women in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) workforce face major obstacles — not only are they underrepresented and underpaid, but they also sometimes lack the confidence to assert their knowledge.
- Harford County Public Library STEM Programs — STEM Programs are hands-on and cover a vast array of topics including: Archaeology, astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, environmental science, geology, physics, and technology. STEM programs are free and open to the public and lead by skilled library staff and/or experts in the field.
- Maryland STEM Festival—Be sure to check out their current events!
- U.S. Naval Academy STEM Opportunities
- TechBrick Education — TechBrick Education is a 501(c)(3) public charity supporting K-12 STEM education programs in the Harford County, MD and surrounding area.